Steven is a Licensed Psychologist who has been working with individuals with developmental, emotional, and behavioral challenges for over 30 years. Since 1995, he has been in solo private practice.
Steven integrates aspects of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Attachment Theory, Infant Mental Health, Play Therapy, Mindfulness and Family System Theory into his work. His many years of diverse experience, extensive training, and warm demeanor contribute to Steven’s unique style of relating to children and families.
He is recognized as a leader in the Philadelphia area in Relationship-Based, Developmental approaches to treating Autism Spectrum and related disorders. He teaches, trains, and serves as a mentor to multidisciplinary professionals throughout the world.
- Pennsylvania Licensed Psychologist
- DIR/Floortime® Certificate issued by the Interdisciplinary Council on Developmental and Learning Disorders (ICDL). Designated as an “Expert Clinician.”
- Practitioner Certificate in Pediatric Autism Communication Therapy (PACT), an Evidenced-Based, parent-mediated treatment approach developed in the UK. Steven is one of the first clinicians in the USA to earn a certificate in PACT.
Advanced Training in the following Areas
- CBT with Youth (The Beck Institute, Bala Cynwyd, PA)
- Infant Mental Health
- Family Therapy
- Sensory Integration and Processing
Past Board Memberships
- Center for Autism, Philadelphia, PA
- ASCEND: The Asperger and Autism Alliance of Greater Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Preschool Early Intervention Autism Advisory Board
- Delaware Valley Group of the World Association for Infant/Toddler Mental Health
- Health Services Advisory Committee of Early Head Start at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Syracuse University: BS in Psychology - Graduated Magna Cum Laude, Appointed to Phi Beta Kappa
- West Chester University: MA in Clinical Psychology
Request an Appointment
Evidence-based practices tailored to your child and family's unique needs