Becoming a parent is a significant developmental milestone in the life of an adult. One’s love and devotion for their child offers great motivation for an adult to grow in ways they may have never thought possible. The responsibility to mold a new life is both exciting and scary.
The following are examples of topics that Steven can help parents sort out:
- Developmentally appropriate expectations for their child
- Effective discipline strategies and limit setting
- Screen time: What is reasonable for your particular child? (Resource: Family Media Plan)
- How to talk to your child about difficult topics such as the birth of a new sibling, loss/death, adoption, fears, separation/divorce, bullying, puberty, sex, etc.
- Help parents work as effective partners
- Making time for oneself and the couple
Request an Appointment
Evidence-based practices tailored to your child and family's unique needs